B. Events, Activities etc
Group B: Events, Activities, Programme etc
A record of the group’s considerations is presented below. Please feel free to add any comments / raise additional points.
- issue of accessibility was flagged, both in making sure all writers felt welcomed and in reaching all parts of Scotland. Collaborative ventures would help to ensure that a Writers’ Centre was open.
- Someone asked why was a building needed, a building that would soak up funds when we could operate out of existing accommodation? better to have writer’s rooms being set up across the country? Why go for a building in a time when everyone else was moving away from actual space to virtual?
- a concern that a single writers’ centre might impact badly on the plurality of the present situation where lots of autonomous events happen in different places.
- All genres should be provided for, including drama
- The international aspect is important: a writer’s residency, writers’ exchanges
- Provision of online courses
- Request for the group to provide its mission statement