E. Membership Issues
Group E: Membership Issues
A record of the group’s considerations is presented below. Please feel free to add any comments / raise additional points.
- Basic membership should be free with a sliding scale of rates depending on which services members wish to make use of
- All members will have voting rights
- Some discussion about who ‘qualifies’ as a writer (a publication of some kind or a performance?)
- Organisation of the centre: a core group of paid staff
- Paid writers delivering services such as workshops
- A Board of Directors
- Consideration should be given to using existing facilities like the Mitchell Library
- the opinion expressed that a lot of funding would be necessary for a centre of this type (would this be money well spent?) how would it impact on other areas of literature provision?
- Fears of elitism were expressed: who is the centre for…
- It must be socially and geographically accessible.